Today, 1 September 2015, Pharmacy Voice and the CCA (the Company Chemists’ Association) welcome a new phase of their development with separate Chief Executives announced in post for both organisations. The official transfer of employees from the CCA to Pharmacy Voice is now complete and the CCA has appointed a separate executive team.
- Professor Rob Darracott will act solely as Chief Executive for Pharmacy Voice
- Nanette Kerr appointed as Chief Executive of the CCA
- Deirdre Doogan appointed as CCA Policy and Planning Manager for England and Scotland
- CCA Business Development Adviser Kate Livesey transfers to become Policy and Programmes Adviser for Pharmacy Voice supporting Elizabeth Wade, the Pharmacy Voice Director of Policy
- Pharmacy Voice continues to build its team with further recruitment underway
Nanette Kerr joins the CCA following a long career in community pharmacy. Previous roles include NPA Director of Pharmacy, Head of Service Development at Boots and Head of the Superintendent Pharmacist’s Office of Alliance Pharmacy.
Rob Darracott, Chief Executive of Pharmacy Voice commented: “Pharmacy Voice has come a long way since our creation almost five years ago. Our principal purpose is to create a united voice for community pharmacy contractors represented by AIMp, the CCA and NPA. Our continued growth and development demonstrates how much there is to do. We’ve achieved a lot; recent highlights include successfully influencing SCR roll-out through delivering the proof of concept and taking the sector lead in focusing on patient safety. We will continue to work hard ensuring that the Government and the NHS do not just speak about the strength and value of the community pharmacy network, but act on it.”
Nanette Kerr, Chief Executive of the CCA commented: “I am delighted to be taking up the reins of the CCA following Rob’s very successful tenure. To enable both organisations to deliver more, the time is right for us to both grow and develop. The community pharmacy sector is at a potentially pivotal time and the CCA will be supporting our colleagues and Pharmacy Voice to ensure that our sector moves forward successfully.”